Anonymous | Login
News | My View | View Issues | Roadmap | Summary

View Issue DetailsJump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
TypeCategorySeverityReproducibilityDate SubmittedLast Update
defect[POS2] POSmajoralways2021-06-16 11:132021-09-03 15:19
ReporterplujanView Statuspublic 
Assigned Tojarmendariz 
PrioritynormalResolutionout of dateFixed in Version
StatusclosedFix in branchFixed in SCM revision
ProjectionnoneETAnoneTarget Version
OSAnyDatabaseAnyJava version
OS VersionDatabase versionAnt version
Product VersionSCM revision 
Review Assigned To
Regression level
Regression date
Regression introduced in release
Regression introduced by commit
Triggers an Emergency PackNo

0047153: [JIRA 1904/1974/1901] In a ticket with several lines, adding a product several times may miss a tap

DescriptionWhen a ticket has several lines (more than 20 or 25 on livebuilds using a decent hardware), tapping in rapid sequence on the keymap to add products may miss one action.
Steps To Reproduce1. Open a livebuilds context in a touch screen computer (a touch screen can be replaced by activating the Device Toolbar in the Chrome Developer Tools)
2. Enter a vallblanca
3. Add one of each products available in the POS until the ticket contains at least 20 or 25 lines
4. Seek for a ticket that has not been added yet and tap on it 5 times. While the expected behaviour is to have 5 units of this product added to the ticket, very often it ends up with only 4 or 3.

This is also easily reproducible by opening the debugging tools and selecting 6x slowdown on the CPU combo of the Performance tab
Proposed SolutionGiven that the issue can be reproduced in any computer, it is NOT a hardware specific problem.
Given that the issue can be reproduced in livebuilds, it is NOT an environment-related problem.

Check whether or not it is a side effect of the discounts engine.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

- Relationships Relation Graph ] Dependency Graph ]
related to defect 0047075 closedRetail JIRA 1904 / 1974 /1901 - sometimes when pressing on keymap some product are missing or the button is not selected 
depends on backport 0047154TAP acknowledgedjarmendariz [JIRA 1904/1974/1901] In a ticket with several lines, adding a product several times may miss a tap 
Not all the children of this issue are yet resolved or closed.

-  Notes
marvintm (manager)
2021-07-01 07:22

I did a bit of very superficial profiling. My conclusions were:
- I do reproduce the problem if I set CPU throttle to 6x. It is not catastrophic, but it is clearly visible, and annoying.

- I did profiling, and saw that the total action of adding a product that creates a new line, with a small ticket, took around 600 ms. From that time, less than 60 ms (so <10% of the time ) was spent on business logic execution, adding the product to the ticket, calculating taxes, discounts and total. The remaining (>90%) was spent on React-related functions and events.

So it seems business logic layer is not causing the problem here, and in fact we have some inefficiencies in the UI that we need to understand.
dmiguelez (developer)
2021-09-03 15:19

It seems that this issue has been fixed within the best deal case development: [^]

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2021-06-16 11:13 plujan New Issue
2021-06-16 11:13 plujan Assigned To => Retail
2021-06-16 11:13 plujan Resolution time => 1624831200
2021-06-16 11:13 plujan Triggers an Emergency Pack => No
2021-06-16 11:13 plujan Issue generated from 0047075
2021-06-16 11:13 plujan Relationship added related to 0047075
2021-06-16 11:36 dmiguelez Status new => scheduled
2021-06-18 12:31 dmiguelez Status scheduled => acknowledged
2021-06-24 18:10 AugustoMauch Steps to Reproduce Updated View Revisions
2021-06-30 11:09 guilleaer Resolution time 1624831200 => 1626127200
2021-06-30 11:11 guilleaer Resolution time 1626127200 => 1626213600
2021-07-01 07:22 marvintm Note Added: 0130047
2021-07-14 17:19 dmiguelez Resolution time 1626213600 => 1628892000
2021-08-11 09:38 dmiguelez Resolution time 1628892000 => 1629842400
2021-08-18 10:25 dmiguelez Assigned To Retail => jarmendariz
2021-08-24 13:17 dmiguelez Resolution time 1629842400 => 1631052000
2021-09-03 15:17 dmiguelez Status acknowledged => scheduled
2021-09-03 15:19 dmiguelez Note Added: 0131569
2021-09-03 15:19 dmiguelez Status scheduled => closed
2021-09-03 15:19 dmiguelez Resolution open => out of date

Copyright © 2000 - 2009 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker