|View Issue Details|
|Type||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|defect||[Openbravo ERP] I. Performance||critical||random||2021-06-11 09:31||2021-07-06 08:10|
|Priority||urgent||Resolution||open||Fixed in Version|
|Status||new||Fix in branch||Fixed in SCM revision|
|OS||Linux 64 bit||Database||Oracle||Java version||11|
|OS Version||Redhat 7.2||Database version||Oracle 11gR2||Ant version||1.10.8|
|Product Version||3.0PR20Q1.2||SCM revision|
|Review Assigned To|
|Web browser||Google Chrome|
|Regression introduced in release|
|Regression introduced by commit|
|Triggers an Emergency Pack||No|
0047061: Daily loss of Database connection from OpenBravo causing system unavailability for 5 to 10 minutes at a time
|Description||License information: |
Customer name Bureau Veritas
License Edition Professional Edition
Subscription Type Concurrent users limitation
Subscription Start Date 27-03-2017
Subscription End Date 31-12-2021
Concurrent Global System Users 314
Concurrent Users Warning 314
Current concurrent users 240
Instance Number 1
Instance Purpose Production
Web Service Access Unlimited
WebPOS Terminals None
After running relatively well for 3 years, this production instance started suddenly in March to suffer from severe performance issues causing deadlocks and database disconnection. Looking into the application logs show that the issue may have happened a few times last December going unnoticed but starting March there have been disconnection events almost daily.
We have made several changes to mitigate these issues including and improve the situation without being able to identify the root cause or to completely solve the problem :
1. code review to follow the standard usage of DAL.
2. review the transaction handling.
3. use query.scroll instead of query.list in batch processes
4. add index on foreign keys of frequently used tables.
By doing this, we reduced the occurrence of the dead lock issue, but the database disconnection issue keep happening.
We find that it might be related to issue 0012683, but we haven't got a chance to try it on production instance.
Attachments are the jfr file and the server log when disconnection happening.
We hope we can have a discussion with your team to solve this problem.
|Steps To Reproduce||End user randomly blocked on UI after database disconnection, after refresh the browser, the Openbravo Error page will be shown.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files|| disconnection.log.2021-06-10 [^] (579,344 bytes) 2021-06-11 09:31|
16233950555293.png [^] (72,048 bytes) 2021-06-11 09:32
Any comments or feedback on this topic?
We are looking for help on this issue
That portal is to register Openbravo bugs.
Your case could be a bug but still not clear, so the diagnosis has to be done.
We suggest you contact with your Partner, so they can contact Openbravo Support team in case of needed.
It is important also to specify the Openbravo release you are using to check if there is any known issue.
|2021-06-11 09:31||ryanmyj||New Issue|
|2021-06-11 09:31||ryanmyj||Assigned To||=> platform|
|2021-06-11 09:31||ryanmyj||File Added: disconnection.log.2021-06-10|
|2021-06-11 09:31||ryanmyj||Web browser||=> Google Chrome|
|2021-06-11 09:31||ryanmyj||Modules||=> Core|
|2021-06-11 09:31||ryanmyj||Triggers an Emergency Pack||=> No|
|2021-06-11 09:32||ryanmyj||File Added: 16233950555293.png|
|2021-06-23 05:58||ryanmyj||Note Added: 0129729|
|2021-07-06 08:10||egoitz||Note Added: 0130153|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2009 MantisBT Group|